Products for a variety of durable applications
Biograde® is a family of bioplastic products based on cellulose acetate for injection moulding, sheet and pro- le extrusion. Plant-based cellulose, the base for the production of cellulose acetate, is the most easily accessible and renewable resource on the planet. Biograde® is predominantly a renewable and fully biodegradable material alternative for rigid applications. In addition Biograde® was awarded the Innovation Prize “Biomaterial of the Year 2008”.
The main applications for Biograde® are for a range of technical parts. As a result of its scratch-resistant and wear resistant surface, it is also suitable for the production of highly stressed casings. The high heat resistance also meets the requirements for safety in use of the electronics and household articles industry.
Biograde® does not contain any harmful plasticizer and is certified BPA-free. Furthermore, Biograde® has been successfully tested and certified according to the EN 71-3 standard.
Advantages of Biograde® at a glance:
- Based on renewable raw materials
- Certified biodegradable and compostable according to EN 13432 and ASTM D 6400 (depending on grade)
- Properties similar to standard thermoplastics (e.g. ABS, PS)
- High heat resistance meeting UL 94 HB standard requirements
- Processable on standard production equipment
- Recyclable (in-house, e.g. sprues or scrap)
- Food Approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)
- Suitable for toys (EN 71-3)