Wood Plastic Composites for injection moulding and extrusion
If you like the convenience and freedom for the design and processing of plastics, but are looking for a natural wood appearance, then Fibrolon® is the ideal solution. It looks like wood, but can be processed like plastic on existing equipment.
Fibrolon® is a fantastic combination of plastic and wood, which are two very commonly used materials. The high quality of the surface and wood structure gives components made from Fibrolon® a unique charm and character. It looks like wood and feels like wood, but unlike wood itself, Fibrolon® can also be processed into complex structures and design elements.
Conventional plastics, such as polypropylene (PP) as well as bio-based and biodegradable plastics can be used as the polymer base. The proportion of renewable raw materials used can be adapted to customer requirements. In addition, biodegradable types (according to EN 13432) are available.
Advantages of Fibrolon® at a glance:
- High percentage of renewable raw materials
- Biodegradable types available
- High strength and stiffness
- Can be processed on existing equipment
- Attractive wood surface
- Sustainability made visible
- Food Approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)
- Suitable for toys (EN 71-3)